About the role…
This is a great opportunity for a mid-level software developer with three years’ experience in Java to join the software development team of a market leading analytics consultancy established for 25 years and based in the heart of Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter.
You will be looking to join a relaxed but innovative company offering excellent personal development opportunities with the chance to develop new technical skills whilst being mentored by a senior developer.
More about you…
You need to be self-motivated, looking to work across all aspects of the SDLC and able to hit the ground running as part of the team.
You will have an enthusiasm for the latest technologies and will be looking to work in a fast moving, friendly environment on challenging but exciting projects.
We are looking for an individual with the following attributes:
- Excellent Java 8+ and Java EE knowledge
- Experience using Angular
- PostgreSQL & PostGIS
- Experience using the open source frameworks such as Spring & Hibernate and understand the advantages of using them
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Ability to provide input to architecture and design considerations on a project
- Understanding of OOP and SOLID principles
- Ability to work with customers to scope, design and realise a project
The following skills would also be desirable but not essential:
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with Cloud Foundry
- Knowledge of cloud native fundamentals
- Good knowledge of Design Patterns
This is a great opportunity to take your career in development to the next level with a supportive and growing company.