About the role…
An Analyst Consultant uses data to provide business insight that addresses clients’ commercial challenges, and creates solutions that drive significant increases in operational efficiency.
The analyst will own, structure and manage the analysis elements of multiple, overlapping projects for large corporate clients, many of whom are likely to be within the Transport, Utilities and Telecoms sectors.
The analyst’s responsibilities on each project will include:
- Engaging with the client at multiple levels of seniority to understand their business and the operational / commercial challenges they face.
- Specifying data requirements, designing required analysis, and creating high quality BI outputs from clear operational questions.
- Creating, testing and validating hypotheses and models.
- Transforming data into valuable, actionable and client-specific insight.
- Making actionable recommendations that address operational issues and deliver commercial value.
- Presenting results, insight and recommendations to the client, illustrating the impact and value of the project and the solution.
- Enabling the delivery of a robust, methodical, and scalable optimisation solution that can be implemented (e.g. via the Accelerated Insight Platform) and handed back to the client.
More about you…
This role calls for an analyst with significant mathematical, logical and problem-solving skills, along with first-class stakeholder engagement and communication skills, and experience of specifying business issues and using data to resolve them.
Candidates will need:
- 1 equivalent or above in an engineering, maths, physics, computer science or related degree.
- Significant data management experience (does not need to be high-tech).
- Great problem-solving skills.
- Great social and communication skills.